Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Longboard Deck Design

I started off my project by choosing the three sketches I thought were the best and producing them in Illustrator (AI).  From the three that I did in AI, I chose the one that I liked the most and did multiple versions using the same idea.  I started to change it up and include ideas from the original three into the new versions.





















2. Then I started using the girl as the main focal point of the board.  I used the same checker idea in my first version but got rid of it because it didn't fit in with the design that I was trying to produce.  I wanted to use simple colors and the same colors and I didn't want the design to be too complicated or have too many things all over the place.






3. The one on the left is my final product, I'm content with it because the colors are very simple and I like that its dark.  It incorporates alot of the ideas of the original sketches, but also expands into different ideas I researched on longboard deck designs.

5 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of the first designs on the post. I think it is the contrast, simple but effective. I was thinking...If you want to try creating a skateboard logo that appeals to women then try and work that into the designs as a revision later, that might be a good project too. No project should ever be completely finished if you don't feel 100% about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with mr. boothby as well, i love the color contrast because its cool colors that are lightly contrasted. it's simple, yet, flows. good job with producing more than one design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that they turned out very well. To see you go from those first three down to the final two were avery cool transformation. I liked how you started with three and went through multiple versions until you came to the end, and I like how you tied all three of the original ones into the two final products Very nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love all of your designs it'd be hard for me to choose just one! I like how you tried to represent girls in a sport that mostly guys do! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to this website, and I believe that you have a plenty of excellent information, I have saved your site to my bookmarks. girl with longboard

    ReplyDelete